My Public Utilities
- mgtrans Translate Magic to a flat source file (last updated: 10-19-1999)
- SearchCtl Search an exported Magic control file (not currently in development)
2009-07-11. All links removed as they have been found to be misleading or dead.
- General entry, including comment about increased speed
- Swing user interfaces as XML documents
- Sections from one (of many) books with examples of Swing controls
Editors to use with Perl
2009-07-11. I've removed all the links previously here as they'd all disappeared.
- How to set up LaTeX 2e for Windows 95 - links to MikTeX, WinEdt, GhostScript
- MiKTeX- Free TeX for Windows Users
- MiKTeX (LaTeX compiler, packages, dvips, .dvi viewer, etc.)
- Writing a University of Iowa Ph.D. Thesis Using LaTeX 2e
- Aladdin Ghostscript
- Source of TexBook ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/systems/knuth/tex/ (not as of 2009-07-11)
Visual Basic and related
Lugaru Epsilon - an Emacs work-a-like - My Favorite Editor for the past 20 years
- Regular expressions - may be becoming a lost art.
FYI. with Epsilon I was able to remove html from this doc by doing user conditional scan of this document with the expression
R-E Query Replace: %<[^>]+%> with:
This translates to search for every instance of a '<' followed by any number of non-'>'
characters until you reach one '>' character.
The '%' signs exist to tell the editor to treat these as normal characters
and they may not be necessary as they are not special characters to Epsilon.